A clogged printer cartridge leads to an uneven, disjointed and a ruined print job which sometimes costs a fortune to businesses or individual printing in bulky quantities. Additionally, if you let the situation exacerbate, your printer may stop working entirely. So how do you fix it? 123ink.ca lists some tips for you.
How to Fix the Clogged Cartridges?
Cartridges tend to become clogged when they have been exposed to the air for a long period of time or if the printer hasn’t been used for quite long. But, if your cartridge is really blocked, there are many ways to fix it.
- Remove the clogged cartridge from the printer. Open the lid and lift out the cartridge.
- Seek the print where the ink comes out from the cartridge and clean away all the dried and crusty ink with the help of a soft cloth.
- Then moisten a soft and lint free cloth with water and clean the print head area. Use distilled water if possible. To clean the print head, use a wet cotton swab. If you are still able to see banding or blank areas then run the print head cleaner utility software if it came with your printer.
- Then install the cartridge back in the printer and run a printing test. If the output is still spotty, then soak the cartridge.
- Fill a small bowl with lukewarm water. Immerse the print head in it. If your cartridge is completely blocked, then use a 50 50 solution of water and ammonia.
- Stand the ink cartridge in warm water or the water and ammonia solution so as to submerge the print head. If your cartridge has a metal plate on the bottom, then use the water and ammonia solution on a cotton swab and wipe the print head clean. Then, run the print head cleaning utility software that came with your printing system. Try to ensure that the ink is flowing normally again.
If you are still not able to clean it, you may have to replace the cartridge. A clogged cartridge can prove to be detrimental to your prospective printer ventures but the techniques mentioned above are helpful in the long run towards fixing this issue. Still, when the situation worsens, purchasing a new printer cartridge is a necessary move eventually. For similar insights, visit 123ink.ca.